Yamaha YZF-R125


Yamaha YZF-R125

Yamaha YZF-R125

Well, I’m now six weeks into riding my 09 Yamaha YZF-R125. You have to take the rough with the smooth as they say, which unfortunately means I needed to fork out for a new (rather expensive) vinyl/sticker for the right hand side fairing due to an ‘off’. No harm done, other than to the pride of course. Still, it’s early days and I was probably being a little bit over eager shall we say.

Brilliantly, the first service for the bike came to a very reasonable £15 – meaning it hasn’t really put me too much out of pocket. Other costs including petrol haven’t been too bad either – 350 miles and only about £12 spent. Very nice!

Now that the first service has been done, I’ve got access to the full rev range. I’ve bounced it off the limiter a couple of times and there’s definitely a double power curve in there – the first up to around 6,000rpm and then again building up to the 9,000rpm maximum torque limit. Playing with all those revs does make me want to drive something with a similar setup too – the only problem being that it can get tiresome as a setup in a car.

I intend to take the bike for a longer run when I have the new sticker set added to the fairing – but everything seems to be settling down quite nicely and I’m enjoying the experience (though not so much being boiled in the full gear every day!).