Yamaha YZF-R125

Yamaha YZF-R125

Yamaha YZF-R125

After noting my particular dislike of public transport and the fact that buying a new (albeit faster) car won’t help me get into the town centre, I decided to try a new mode of transport – a motorbike! Don’t worry, you’re still on Car Articles, but I guess I’m a bit of a Richard Hammond, i.e. if it has wheels and a motor I’ll give it a go.

First impressions are good, I’ve picked up the basics quite quickly and the sensation of speed is very good. Drawbacks? With it being a brand new bike (it’s a Yamaha YZF-R125) everything is still quite tense, including the brakes and tyres which aren’t worn in yet.

Whilst the bike seems to be good fun so far and it’s great to be able to chain it, there are more security worries than in a car. Of course, you can’t take a two-wheeler out when weather is really bad either, unlike a car. I’ll keep you up to date now and again on progress but sorting out the CBT wasn’t too hard.

Look out for further coverage in future. Of course, I’d rather have a Ferrari and a parking space in town, but I do realise that such a situation is not going to arise…